Unprecedented times and the new normal has us donning a face mask everytime we leave the house. Trusted household brand and one of our favs, Skip has partnered with three trailblazing local designers for a gift to protect us all because #SkipCares. Now you can win with Skip & make it fashion.
New Skip Detergents with Fibre Protect™ technology
New Skip Detergents with Fibre Protect™ technology penetrates deep into the fabric. Meaning it cleans better and in a whole new way. Smoothing and aligning fibres so stains and dirt wash away more easily, giving clothes better clean, better shape and better colour.
Keeping your masks clean
The Skip range of products are suitable for cleaning most types of fabric masks. Cloth masks are a more environmental friendly alternative to single-use disposable face masks. However, for fabric protective coverings to be effective, like the garments we wear they need to be looked after and properly cleaned.
We believe that, just like the clothes we wear, the masks we choose to protect ourselves and those around us can reflect who we are and what makes us unique. That is why we have decided to partner with these three designers who celebrate the kaleidoscope of colour and pattern which is the embodiment of African design,”– Senior Brand Manager for Skip, Ilze Visser.
Tips to keep your cloth mask hygienically clean with Skip
- Cloth face coverings should be washed after each use.
- If your mask becomes soiled or wet, remove and ensure you wash it.
- Hand or machine wash your mask with laundry detergent.
- Individually store each of your masks, preferably in a paper bag.
- If you choose to store your mask in a plastic sleeve, ensure that the mask is properly dried out before storing.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before wearing your mask, and after removing it.
- When removing a cloth covering, avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
Handwashing your masks
- Put on your laundry gloves, pour half-a-cup of washing powder, like Skip Powder, into a bowl with warm water (minimum of 40 degrees Celsius).
- Soak the mask in wash solution for 60 minutes.
- Rinse the mask in clean water.
- Dry the mask completely. If possible, dry the mask in the sun.
- Wash and rinse your hands thoroughly.
- Apply hand lotion to moisturise your hands.
Skip’s partnership with three trailblazing local designers
The distinctive fabric cloth masks, featuring signature prints from vibrant African contemporary label Ri.Ch Factory, ethical heritage brand Fundudzi by Craig Jacobs and Loin Cloth & Ashes, the label is synonymous for a neo-African point of view, will be available from 21 September 2020.
Win with Skip & make it fashion
Skip generously sent over a gift which included the 3 designer masks. Seeing as sharing is caring we thought we would gift 2 lucky people with a designer mask each, Skip washing powder and Comfort to help keep your mask #NewForLonger
You can enter on the respective Instagram post to stand in line to win. T’s & C’s apply.