Thai Inspired Lettuce Wraps
- 600g lean mince (beef, chicken or ostrich)
- 1 tablespoon thai green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon Thai 7 spice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup thai hoison sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (finally chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped dhania (aka coriander)
- 1 diced red chillie (remove the seeds)
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- 1/2 red pepper (finely sliced)
- 1/ 2 punnet sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 limes
- lettuce leaves wash and pat dry with a paper towel
Thai green curry paste is usually very salty. Salt is not necessary for this recipe however, add according to your taste.
- Combine all the ingredients (except the onion, lettuce, lime and red peppers) into a large bowl.
- Mix well and allow to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a medium sized pot, add the coconut oil.
- Once hot add the red onion and allow to cook until glassy.
- Add the mince mixture and allow to cook
- When mince is almost browned, add the red peppers and allow to cook until tender
- Remove from heat and spoon mince into the lettuce leaves (normal wraps may also be used)
- Serve with wedges of lime.
I added grated cheese and avo to my wraps