- 1 tin drained canned chickpeas (liquid reserved)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (reserve some oil for drizzling)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled (you may want to use less
- Black pepper to taste (freshly ground)
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika (and a a little for garnish)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Pop all your ingredients into a nutribullet / foodprocessor.
- Flip the switch and and let it do its thing.
- Add the reserved chickpea liquid as needed to produce a smooth texture.
- Serve, drizzled with the olive oil and pinch of paprika and parsley.
Chicken & Cashews with Baby Pak Choi
- 8 chicken breasts, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 baby pak choi, quartered
- 5 green onions, chopped, green and white parts separated
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 red chillies (cut into rings)
- The sauce: in a small bowl whisk the stock with the oyster and hoisin sauces, then the garlic. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or a wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until golden brown. When cooked place in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the pak choi, white part of green onions and peppers to the same skillet; cook until the stem of the pak choi and peppers are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Return cooked chicken to skillet along with the sauce, the green onion tops, red chillie and the cashews.
- Cook until sauce thickens, and everything is heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with rice or noodles
- Sprinkle chopped cashews, fresh red chilli, coconut and dhania on the top (optional)
No Bake Power Balls
- 1 cup oatmeal (dry)
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (sugar free)
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/3 cup agave nectar or honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Stir all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Once chilled, roll into balls.
- Store in an airtight container or jar.
- Keep in refrigerator for up to one week.