1. How did your life as a runner begin?
2. When did you start running
3. Which goal do you most identify with?
Initially my main goal was being healthy but now it’s all about getting stronger.
4. How many km have you run per month in the last 3 months? How does that compare with what you averaged last year?
I have run 474 kms since January 2018. It’s pretty close to my figures from last year as I’m currently training for the Two Oceans and Comrades.
5. What injuries are you susceptible to?
6. What’s your brand of choice when it comes to running shoes and when do you need new ones?
Running shoes are the most important gear decision you’ll make, so make a concerted effort to buy a good pair of running shoes suited for your feet. I run in Asics Nimbus and generally get 500-600 kms out of a pair.
7. Who is your running support network?
8. What training phase are you in right now?
9. What are your top three things that you do to prevent injury?
10.How do you stay motivated when you don’t want to run?
11. What has been your running highlights?
I have always been in awe of Jayindri and the fact that she is an Ultra-runner, a title she modestly acknowledges. After chatting to her about the nitty gritties of running I have a new found respect and admiration for runners. Aside from being a runner, she is an amazing mom and wife, and her family comes first, despite her hectic training schedule. She teaches us that its never too late to chase those goals or try something new. Jayindri is passionate about everything life has to offer, but the way she speaks about the women who inspire her, shows the character of a woman of strength.