Today, 17 May is World Baking Day. Not like I need more encouragement, seeing as lockdown has me constantly baking up a storm. I could not let the day pass without baking something yummy and mini chocolate lava cakes it is.
History of World Baking Day
World Baking Day was created by the folks over at worldbakingday.com The intention was to spread the joy of baking all around the world, especially to those who perhaps don’t bake too often and are not particularly experienced at it. World Baking Day aims to show people just how much fun it can be to make a cake or some cookies
All my life, baking has been an incredible way to spend time with family and friends. There’s the obvious bonus of having to eat all the deliciousness you have created.
This super easy recipe will only take 10 minutes for you to make and is virtually flop proof.
Mini chocolate lava cakes recipe
- 5 eggs
- 180 g butter
- 300 g dark chocolate
- 125 g icing sugar
- 80 g cake flour
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a small pot combing well.
- Mix the icing sugar and flour in a mixing bowl.
- Lightly beat the eggs together then fold into the flour and icing sugar.
- Add the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Pour batter into 6 greased ramekins and bake in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven, dust with icing sugar and serve immediately with fresh cream or vanilla ice-cream.
For more of my yummy recipes, make sure to check out my food page.
What would the world be without decadent moist cakes, chewy brownies, pancake stacks, yummy cookies and mouth-watering freshly baked bread? Boring and uneventful as far as I am concerned.
On this World Baking Day I sincerely hope that this mini chocolate lava cakes recipe inspires you to get into the kitchen to whip up something deliciously yummy. Happy Sunday lovelies and make sure to enjoy every morsel of whatever you bake.