….. and I loved it.
After numerous tests, doctors confirmed that I had sustained an injury in my sternum. Over the past few weeks I have been living with the most insurmountable pain, so I made my way to a Chiropractor at the Bedford Wellness Centre.
Chiropractic is a health profession specializing in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system and the effects of these disorders on the function of the nervous system and general health.
Chiropractic practitioners essentially rely upon non-invasive treatment methods and will refer patients to medical practitioners should medication or surgery be indicated.
After the examination, the doctor confirmed that my ribs were out of alignment and I was experiencing what is known as intercostal muscle strain. Your intercostal muscles lie between your ribs, attaching them to one another. They help stabilize your upper body and help you breathe. There are three layers of intercostal muscles: the external intercostals, the internal intercostals and the innermost intercostals.
My session started off with a massage which truth be told felt fabulous, it was a good kinda pain. I received laser treatment on my right hand intercostal muscle as well. As my doctor performed each adjustment, I lay there listening in amazement to the numerous clicks as he manipulated my spinal vertebrae where the joints had become locked, blocked and/or imbalanced. I honestly didn’t realise how out of alignment my body was.
I had immediate relief, but have been asked to be patient with the process. I will be having a few more sessions to help speed up the healing process.
Benefits of Chiropractic Adjustments
- Helps address sciatica related issues
- Targets low back pain and neck pain
- Eleviate headaches (Tension and Migraine)
- Colic, acid reflux and ear infections in children
- Neurological conditions
- Blood pressure
- Surgery prevention
- Frozen shoulder
- Athletic Performance
- Reduces inflammatory cytokines
- Boosts the immune system
- Enhances pulmonary function
- Decreases mental and oxidative stress
- Relieves muscle tension
- Can naturally increase energy levels
- Conditions tied to high inflammation levels
- Back pains due to pregnancy
- Osteoarthritis and joint pain
- Asthma and other respiratory issues
- Anxiety, due to adjustments activating the parasympathetic nervous system
- Vertigo and dizziness
- Reduced range of motion, trouble with flexibility and fibromyalgia
- Bell’s Palsy
- Insomnia and trouble sleeping, which can be tied to pain, anxiety or trouble breathing properly
So there are numerous reasons to visit a chiropractor and I am definitely looking forward to my next session. Follow me on instagram to keep up to date with my progress.