An all-time favourite tea time treat popular with South Africans has to be Romany Creams. Two delectable chocolate and coconut cookies sandwiched together with chocolate, it’s completely irresistible. Instead of heading to the shops to buy them, here is a Homemade Romany Creams recipe.
Homemade Romany Creams
- 250g butter
- 8 tbsp castor sugar
- 250ml desiccated coconut
- 500ml cake flour
- 45ml cocoa
- 150g melted chocolate (to sandwich the biscuits together
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Cream the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the cocoa and mix well.
- Add the coconut and flour.
- Mix well together until a firm dough has formed.
- Roll small balls about 2 cm in diameter.
- Placed on to prepared baking sheet and press down with a fork and bake for 20 minutes
- Allow to cool and sandwich together with melted chocolate.
I really hope that you give this Homemade Romany Creams recipe a try as it’s extremely quick, easy and oh so delicious. Leave a comment letting me know what recipes you would like me to share over the next few weeks.
Stay safe and happy indulging