My wellness journey over the past 5 years confirms we are a Fitbit obsessed family. We have owned just about every Fitbit to hit the market and have truly put Fitbit through its paces. The Fitbit Charge family ranks high on our list of favs and the Fitbit Charge 5 does not disappoint.
FITBIT CHARGE 5 – REDEFINING STRENGTH
During the past 20 odd months we’ve endured sickness, loss, increased stress and changes with sleep, diet and exercise. As a result, we’ve been forced to become stronger and more resilient. Strength has taken on a new meaning for most with what the mind and body can handle coming to the forefront.
As our approach to strength evolves, Fitbit has introduced the Fitbit Charge 5. Their most advanced health and fitness tracker. Help keep a pulse on your fitness, stress, heart health, sleep and overall wellbeing. Brighter, colour touchscreen and up to seven days of battery life. Using the GPS function will reduce the battery life. Charge 5 delivers the convenient features you need to focus on what’s most important.
SWEAT THE SMART WAY
- Premium: Charge 5 comes with a six-month membership to Premium. Use Daily Readiness in tandem with additional features like our Stress Management and Sleep Scores. Expect new Fitbit audio and video workouts, ranging from bootcamp to mobility work. Regular refreshing of existing content from popular brands as part of 500+ fitness, mindfulness and nutrition content offered within the service.
- Daily Readiness: Daily Readiness Score is a Fitbit Premium experience that uses insights from your body via your Fitbit device. Your activity, heart rate variability and recent sleep patterns help determine if you should work out or prioritize recovery. The new experience will be available with Sense, Versa 3, Versa 2, Charge 5, Luxe and Inspire 2 devices.
- ECG: Charge 5 is our first tracker with an on-device electrocardiogram (ECG) app, which allows you to assess your heart rhythm for atrial fibrillation on-wrist.
FITBIT CHARGE 5 IS A GAMECHANGER
Each morning, you’ll receive a score based on your fitness fatigue (activity), heart rate variability (HRV) and recent sleep. You’ll also get an analysis of what impacted your score, suggestions like a recommended target Active Zone Minutes goal, to help you make the best decisions for your body.
Charge 5 also includes:-
- built-in GPS
- 20 exercise modes
- automatic exercise recognition
- an estimate of your V02 max
Reduce your stress and relax your mind
Fitbit is also helping you prioritize your heart health. Atrial fibrillation (AFib) is the world’s most common heart rhythm condition and since launching the ECG app on Sense, users have taken more than four million assessments. The ECG app brings a critical tool to more people at a more approachable price. Charge 5 also tracks your heart rate 24/7 and provides notifications when you are above or below your personal ranges, while many factors can affect your heart rate, a high or low heart rate may be an indication of a heart condition that requires medical attention.
SLEEP – THE DOORWAY TO A HEALTHIER YOU
And because sleep is also critical to your wellbeing, you’ll continue to receive industry-leading sleep tools like daily Sleep Score, Sleep Stages and SmartWake alarms. Premium members also receive a deeper analysis and guidance to improve sleep quality.
Beyond health and wellness support, Charge 5 delivers the convenience features you need. With the swipe of a finger, view your stats, make contactless payments, receive/send notifications from/to your smartphone (quick replies with Android only), and choose from 20 colourfull clock faces to customize what information you want to see most.
Ten percent thinner than its predecessor, Charge 5 has an aerodynamic design. It’s optimized for performance and engineered for a seamless fit. With a new AMOLED colour display, Charge 5 has an always-on display option for added convenience. The display is also two-times brighter than its predecessor making it easy to see your stats on sunny days. You can also switch up your look at any time.
The device is available at the following retailers: Makro, Cape Union Mart, Incredible Connection, Takealot.com, Hi Online, Dischem, Superbalist, Total Sports, Sportsmans Warehouse, FNB eBucks and FNB connect.
Let me know if you make use of a fitness tracker or smart watch. And if you have taken the steps to refining your strength.