As the self-proclaimed Queen of Meal Prep, I normally do my own meal prep each week. When presented with the opportunity, I jumped at the chance to take on the FitChef 21 Day Challenge without any hesitation.
I’ve been extremely swamped over the past few months and time has just not been on my side. I’ve heard loads about FitChef and seeing as there selling points are clean eating and convenience I was all in.
FitChef provides healthy, whole food that is super convenient. They use grass-fed/free range meat. They provide door to door delivery. FitChef encourages clean eating, so I put it to the test to see if it’s everything that it claims to be.
It takes 21 days to change a habit
In 21 days you can certainly change your eating habits, but you do need a plan. Making small changes on a daily basis can positively impact your body, energy, mental focus, skin tone, mood, physical health, gut health and weight if done correctly.
21 Day Best Results Kit
I opted for the 21 day Best Results kit as there were so many options, but I was advised that this would be a good starting point.
My 21 Day Best Results kit comprises of the following :-
Meals – (40)
- 3 x Boerewors Breedie with Sweet Potato Mash & Green Beans
- 2 x Homestyle Cautage Pie with Carrots & Peas
- 2 x Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir-Fry with Brown Basmati Rice
- 2 x Grandma Mince Curry with Brown Basmati Rice
- 2 x Mediterranean Chicken with Roasted Vegetables & Brown Basmati Rice
- 1 x Hake Napolitana with stir-fry veg
- 1 x Fillet Steak with Roast Potatoes and Stir Fry Vegetables
- 2 x Sweet Chilli Chicken Burger with Stir Fry Vegetable
- 2 x Chicken Pesto with Wholewheat Penne Pasta
- 2 x Beef Con Carne with Quinoa
- 3 x Ostrich Potjie with Mixed Vegetables
- 2 x Beef Goulash with Pumpkin & Spinach
- 2 x Spanish Chicken and Quinoa
- 2 x Bacon Wrapped Boerewors
- 3 x Luxury Swiss Muesli 100g
- 3 x Chargrilled Lemon Chicken
- 2 x Chicken Hotpot with Quinoa and Mixed Vegetables
- 4 x Farmstyle Bobotie with Carots, Peas and Yellow Rice
Drinks – (36)
- 20 x Fruity Green Smoothie (FGS) Spinach, Apple, Pear & Banana
- 2 x Grapefruit Squeeze Guest Smoothie
- 3 x Meal on the Go – 300ml
- 2 x COBA – Carrot, Orange, Butternut & Apple
- 2 x GAP – Grape, Apple, Beetroot, Banana & Pear
- 3 x Whole Juice – Refresher (contains Honey)
- 4 x PB3 – Peanut Butter Blueberry Banana
Snacks – (4)
- 2 x Chocolate Ice Cream – 125ml (contains egg+dairy)
- 1 x FitChef Famous Beetroot Brownie (contains Butter & Eggs)
- 1 x Biltong – Sliced Beef (grassfed) – 40g
Veggie Meals – (13)
- 1 x Vegetarian – French Peas & Carrot Mash with Sweet Potatoes
- 4 x Vegetarian – Luxury Rolled Oats with Cranberries, Cashew, & Apple Cinnamon (contains Honey)
- 1 x Vegetarian – Pesto Vegetable Wholewheat Penne Pasta
- 1 x Vegetarian – Red Kidney Bean Goulash with Pumpkin & Spinach
- 1 x Vegetarian – Spanish Red Kidney Bean With Quinoa
- 1 x Vegetarian – Tikka Roasted Vegetables with Butternut (contains Cream)
- 2 x Lentil Bobotie, Carrots, Peas & Yellow Rice
- 1 x Vegetarian – Lentil Tomato Breedie & Sweet Potato Mash
- 1 x Vegetarian – Chickpea Potjie with Mixed Vegetables
Other – (1)
- 1 x Vegetarian – Toasted Wheat Flakes 500g (5 servings)
*Breakdown of products in this challenge may differ based on stock levels.
Fit Like Mummy‘s Final Verdict
- It’s convenient.
- The kits include all your meals which removes all excuses.
- Much more affordable than I was expecting.
- The process from placing order to having your kit delivered is rather seamless and I loved the communication received updating me on the progress of my order.
- Amazed by how tasty the meals were, as well as the variety that’s available.
- Portions were adequate for me.
- No added sugar.
- No preservatives.
- No additives.
- No colourants.
- My kids absolutely loved the smoothies
- The guilt-free treats are amazing. The ice-cream and brownie are an absolute win.
- A few of the veggie dishes were not my favourite, so when I order again I will make a point to swap those out.
- You need about 3 shelves in your freezer to store your meals, so if you have a small freezer this can present a problem. You can however split your order to counter the problem.
- Some meals needed to be warmed longer than directed on the packaging.
My 21 Day Challenge
A few days into the challenge, I started experiencing headaches. I didn’t think much of it, then soon realised that my body was adapting to clean eating. It made me realise how poor my eating habits had become. The meals for the most part were extremely delicious and fragrant. I even enjoyed the smoothies, even though I’m not a huge fan of smoothies normally. As a food blogger I has several restaurant reviews this past month, which meant I wasn’t successful with the 21 day challenge. I do however believe that if I used FitChef consecutively over a three month period that I would be able to make a permanent shift towards eating clean. Overall its an awesome concept that is perfect for people who are busy, hate cooking, who are single or need assistance to stick to a healthy eating plan. FitChef kits are value for money and super convenient.
DISCLAIMER : My meal kit for the month of July was supplied by FitChef in exchange for an honest review.