Debut of Fitbit Sense, the most advanced health smartwatch. A world first with EDA sensor for stress management, plus ECG app, SpO2 and skin temperature sensors.
I got to Escape with Fitbit
On Monday, 24 August 2020 I had the absolute pleasure of attending a global virtual event hosted by my favs, Fitbit. An escape with Fitbit to the future of fit was always going to be exciting, but I wasn’t prepared for what’s to come.
Exciting is one thing, but nothing could have prepared me for mind-blowing and innovative additions to the already successful and popular global brand. As Fitbit, CEO James Park, delivered an in-depth experiential deep dive of the news in their virtual space, approximately 450 people who were in attendance were left in awe.
Fitbit’s groundbreaking innovation
Fitbit announced new products and features that will help you better manage your overall health, including groundbreaking stress tracking and management tools, an expanded heart health experience. Everything and more that you would want and need in a health smartwatch.
Not one, not two, but three new highly innovative wearables were unveiled, along with Premium and Mindfulness Tools
- Fitbit SenseTM: Fitbit’s most advanced health smartwatch introduces the world’s first EDA sensor to help manage stress, along with advanced heart rate tracking technology, and an on-wrist skin temperature sensor, all powered by 6+ days battery life. (Includes 6 month trial to Fitbit Premium for new members)
- Fitbit Versa 3TM: The newest addition to Fitbit’s most popular smartwatch family brings exciting new health, fitness and voice control features, including built-in GPS
- Fitbit Inspire 2TM: Fitbit’s most stylish and affordable trackers have been enhanced, adding more advanced health and fitness features like Active Zone Minutes, 10+ day battery life, and a free one-year trial to Fitbit Premium.
- Fitbit PremiumTM: The subscription service will be available with new added features which up levels your Fitbit experience when paired with any Fitbit device. Unlocking deeper analysis of your data and more personalized insights that connect the dots across your activity, sleep and heart rate. Im currently using Premium and I highly recommend it.
- Mindfulness Tools: Available to all Fitbit users in the app, the new Mindfulness Tile makes it easy to manage your practice – from setting goals and reminders, logging your mood, engaging in meditation sessions, and more.
Pricing and Availability
Fitbit Sense, Versa 3 and Inspire 2 will be available for pre-order starting mid-September online at select retailers, with broad availability in South Africa in October through Takealot, Sportsman’s Warehouse, Cape Union Mart, Total sports, Dis-Chem, Incredible Connection, Makro, E-Bucks, FNB and other retailers.
Fitbit Sense is available for R7,999 in carbon/graphite stainless steel and lunar white/soft gold stainless steel. The Versa 3 is available for R 5,699 in black/black aluminum, pink clay/soft gold aluminum and midnight/soft gold aluminum. Sold separately, Fitbit Sense and Fitbit Versa 3 accessories are available in a range of styles, including REPREVE® recycled woven bands in camo and charcoal. Sport bands in black/lunar white, evergreen/lunar white, grey/mint, melon/rose and sapphire/fog grey, infinity bands in black, lunar white, midnight and pink clay, starting at R399.
Fitbit Inspire 2 is available for R 2,399 in black, lunar white and desert rose. Sold separately, accessories are available in premium Horween® leather bands in midnight blue or black double wrap, mesh bands in silver and rose gold stainless steel, printed silicon band in bloom, classic silicone bands in black, lunar white and desert rose, and a new clip band in black, starting at R399
Fitbit Premium is available for R150 per month or R1400 per year. I’d highly recommend that you try the 90 day free trial period. For more information or to sign up for either membership service, visit the Fitbit app or Fitbit.com.
I’m going to try and calm down while I patiently wait for the arrival of the Fitbit Sense. While that happens make sure to follow my weight loss journey with the #FitbitSquadZA.