I’m not the biggest fan of carrots but Citrus Glazed Baby Carrots are another story all together and that’s probably why it made my Fit Like Mummy Christmas Menu for 2019.
My 11-year-old isn’t a fan of veggies but his “veggie approved list” just happens to include carrots. Carrots are root vegetable often claimed to be the perfect health snack. It is crunchy, tasty, and highly nutritious. Making it a perfect healthy snack or main meal option. Carrots are a particularly good source of beta carotene, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium, and antioxidants.
- 200g baby carrots
- freshly squeezed juice of 2 naartjies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- fresh thyme
- 1 pinch salt
- Heat a skillet then add the butter and allow to melt.
- Once sizzling add the carrots to the skillet.
- Add a pinch of salt and allow to cook until the carrots soften.
- Squeeze the naartjie juice over and toss the baby carrots.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the honey and mix veg.
- Remove from heat once the butter and honey dissolve completely.
If you are using normal carrots then boil carrots for 5 to 7 minutes prior to completing steps 1 to 7. This side dish goes really well with any meat dish.
Happy cooking lovelies