Chicken & Cashews with Baby Pak Choi
- 8 chicken breasts, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 baby pak choi, quartered
- 5 green onions, chopped, green and white parts separated
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 red chillies (cut into rings)
- The sauce: in a small bowl whisk the stock with the oyster and hoisin sauces, then the garlic. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or a wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until golden brown. When cooked place in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the pak choi, white part of green onions and peppers to the same skillet; cook until the stem of the pak choi and peppers are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Return cooked chicken to skillet along with the sauce, the green onion tops, red chillie and the cashews.
- Cook until sauce thickens, and everything is heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with rice or noodles
- Sprinkle chopped cashews, fresh red chilli, coconut and dhania on the top (optional)