Chicken Bunny Chow
- 1 whole chicken pieces cut into smaller portions
- 2 teaspoon ginger and garlic
- 2 green chillies
- 2 medium-sized onions sliced fine
- 4 medium potatoes cut into quartered
- 4 rosa tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon garamasala
- 2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 tablespoon breyani mix
- 2-3 tablespoon Chicken curry masala or chilli powder of choice (depends on how hot you prefer your food)
- salt to taste
- 10 curry leaves (optional)
- 1 bunch fresh dhania (coriander)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 500ml water
- chicken stock (250ml water)
- Add coconut oil to a heated pot.
- Add the onions and chillis and cook until translucent.
- Add the breyani mix to the pot and allow to cook (be careful not to burn).
- The ginger and garlic can now be added. Mix for a minute or two.
- Lower the heat and add the spices. Mix well and be careful not to burn. Add water and mix again.
- After the spices have been combined, add the chopped tomatoes to the mixture.
- The chicken pieces can be added to the pot. Allow to cook on high until chicken is almost done.
- Add the potatoes, salt and chicken stock. Cover and allow to cook on medium heat for 25-30 minutes.
- Dish into hollowed out freshly baked white bread, garnish with dhania and serve