Thai Prawn Stir-fry
- 500g raw, peeled prawns
- 2 red chillis, cut into rings
- 3 garlic cloves, 1 crushed and 2 finely sliced
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 small purple cabbage, cut into shreds
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 – 3 tbsp coconut flakes ( garnish)
- lime wedges (garnish)
- 3cm piece ginger, finely sliced
- spring onions, finely sliced
- 100g bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp Thai spice
- Shell the prawns and set aside in a bowl. Don’t forget to remove the poop shoot.
- Blitz chilli, garlic, coriander, coconut sugar and thai spice in a spice grinder. Add half of the lime juice and the fish sauce, then pour this over the prawns.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok, add the ginger and spring onions and fry for 1 min. Add the cabbage and fry for 1 min, until starts to soften.
- Add bean sprouts, and toss together until the bean sprouts start to wilt. Add the soy sauce into a serving dish.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok and add the prawns. Toss for 1-2 mins until they turn pink, add the marinade and stir.
- Combine the veg and prawns
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes and coriander
- Serve with lime wedges.