1 week into the #21DayLockDownSA and I sincerely hope you are doing amazing. In all honestly families look like they are having a world of fun. Here is a little more ‘inspiration’ on how to keep your kids busy and entertained. Today I’m sharing 20 cool kids activities to do at home.
20 cool kids activities
- Throw a family dance party.
- Get creative with Canons Creative Park. Canon Inc. provides a wealth of free download materials on this site. The site is full of interesting content, like Paper Craft and Scrapbook, so you’re sure to find something to keep the kids occupied.
- Brush up on math skills with Monopoly money or break out Twister or Jenga and add a fresh twist to family games time.
- Go camping in the living room or build a fort.
- Design and go on an indoor treasure hunt.
- Set up an in-home spa and have a family spa day.
- Dress up in your best clothes and have a fancy dinner.
- Make rock candy. Instructions here.
- Get active with homemade Nerf battles on your own DIY Nerf Obstacle Course. #NerfAtHome challenge, coming soon.
- Register with The Kids Gym and get 30 free virtual gym workouts. More details on their website.
- Make paper fidget spinners. Instructions here.
- Let your kids write and direct a stop-motion movie. Learn how it works here.
- Have a pizza party an
- Let the kids create their own restaurant for the evening.
- Write a secret message in invisible ink. Recipe for lemon juice invisible ink here.
- Create a nature scavenger hunt in your back yard.
- Take on a TikTok dance challenge.
- Build a giant fort out of blankets, chairs and pillows.
- Decorate a T-shirt or pair of plain sneakers.
- Make a time capsule! One day your kids can use it to tell their kids all about this craziness.
Make sure to read my 10 Ways to be positive
I’d like to leave you with a tiny bit of advice with one week down and only two to go. Use your time wisely. Choose to live at home instead of being stuck at home. The choice is entirely yours. Stay safe and above all make beautiful memories.